Crunch Auditing respects the value of your personal information and are committed to its protection at all times. Please read this policy carefully to ensure that you make informed decisions regarding the information that you provide us.
The second part explains how we electronically collect and use information via our website, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest and any other similar sites.
Finally, we have included general information for your attention.
What information is collected by Crunch Auditing
Crunch Auditing collects personal information such as, but not limited to:
- your name
- address at work and home
- phone, mobile and fax numbers
- email addresses
- Australian Business Number
- credit card or other bank details
- shareholdings, directorships or other investments
- any other relevant financial information in order to undertake your engagement with Crunch Auditing
When you become an employee of Crunch Auditing, we will collect similar information to our clients. We may also collect the following:
superannuation details sufficient for Crunch Auditing to meet our legal requirements under the Superannuation Guarantee next of kin details, for emergency purposes only.
When Crunch Auditing is recruiting new employees, we will collect similar information to our clients and in addition we may collect information such as:
- details regarding your education
- current and past employment
- extra-curricular activities
- academic, work and/or character references
- Information Crunch Auditing will not collect
Crunch Auditing will not ordinarily collect personal information of a sensitive nature (such as race or ethnic origin, religious beliefs, criminal record, physical or mental health or sexual orientation). If it is necessary, we will obtain your written consent.
How Crunch Auditing collect your information
Crunch Auditing collects information about you in several different ways:
You may provide this information in person, via email, telephone, post, our website or any other electronic means.
We will only collect your personal information from a third party with your written consent.
Please note that if you provide inaccurate or incomplete information we may not be able to provide you with the products or services you are seeking.
How Crunch Auditing will use your information
- Crunch Auditing will use your information to undertake professional services such as auditing service, maintain contact with you and/or for administration and management purposes.
- Crunch Auditing may use your personal information for recruitment and employment purposes (employees and candidates only).
- We will hold your information for as long as is required by law or for the purposes of your ongoing engagement with Crunch Auditing.
- Crunch Auditing may send you newsletters and other information using the details we have in our database. If you do not wish to receive any further information from us, or you wish to update your registration details, please email your request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will endeavour to meet your request within 7 working days.
- Crunch Auditing may be required, by law or to enable the provision of services to you, to disclose your information to third parties, such as the Australian Taxation Office, ASIC, insurers, suppliers. We may also disclose your information to third parties where we outsource duties or when enforcing the terms and conditions of our engagement with you.
- Crunch Auditing require those organisations to protect your information in the same way that Crunch Auditing does. Third parties may reside overseas and if there are no suitable privacy protection laws in the recipient country Crunch Auditing will take all reasonable steps to make contractual arrangements that provide for privacy protection of your information.
- Crunch Auditing will not sell or trade your information to a third party without your consent.
How Crunch Auditing will ensure your information is secure
Crunch Auditing stores, processes and backs-up your personal information on our computer servers or cloud based storage. Crunch Auditing has implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personally identifiable information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. For example access restrictions to our office, secure database system, passwords, encryption and firewalls. All employees and third parties are required to sign a Confidentiality Agreement.
Despite these precautions, Crunch Auditing cannot guarantee that unauthorised persons will not obtain access to your information. We will advise you at the first reasonable opportunity upon discovering or being advised of a security breach where your personal information is lost, stolen,accessed, used, disclosed, copied, modified, or disposed of by any unauthorised persons or in any unauthorised manner.
It is a legislative requirement that we keep all personal information and records for a period of 5 years. Should you cease to be a client of ours, we will maintain your personal information on or off site in a secure manner for 5 years. After this, the information will be destroyed.
As an employee of Crunch Auditing we will maintain your information on file in the HR department for reference as and when it is required throughout the duration of your employment with Crunch Auditing and beyond.
KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION UP TO DATE
Crunch Auditing takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To ensure we can maintain this level of accuracy and completeness, we recommend that you:
inform us of any errors in your personal information as soon as possible
- update us with any changes to your personal information as soon as possible. You have a right to access your personal information, subject to certain exceptions allowed by law. We ask that you provide your request for access in writing (for security reasons) and we will provide you with access to that personal information. Access to the requested personal information may include:
- Access to your personal information
- providing you with copies; or
- providing you with the opportunity for inspection; or
- providing you with a summary.If charges are applicable in providing access to you, we will disclose these charges to you prior to providing you with the information.
Some exceptions exist where we will not provide you with access to your personal information if:
- providing access would pose a serious threat to Crunch Auditing or the health of a person
- providing access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious
- the information is related to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between us and would not be discoverable in those proceedings
- providing access would reveal our intentions in relation to negotiations with you in such a way as to prejudice those negotiations
- providing access would be unlawful
- denying access is required or authorised by or under law
- providing access would be likely to prejudice certain operations by or on behalf of an enforcement body or an enforcement body requests that access not be provided on the grounds of national security. Should we refuse you access to your personal information, we will provide you with a written explanation for that refusal.Requests for access will be dealt with as quickly as possible and we will respond to you within 21 days.
Our Website utilises cookies to provide you with a better user experience. Cookies provide us with information about page visits in order to gauge page popularity, analyse traffic patterns on our site and guide development of improvements to our site. Cookies also allow us to identify your browser while you are using our site – they do not identify you.
If you are not sure what cookies are and how to control or delete them, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org for guidance.
If you do not wish to receive cookies, you can instruct your web browser to refuse them at any time by adjusting your browser’s privacy settings.
We employ some tracking methods in some of our email programs, for example when we send you our newsletters and invitations to events. We collect information such as who opens our e-mail messages and how many times it is opened and whether the links contained in our email have been utilised. This information is only used internally to aid in the delivery of relevant messages and is not shared with any third parties.
Google Analytics, Google+, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest and other similar sites
We use analytics tools and other third party technologies, such as Google Analytics and DoubleClick Cookies, to collect non-personal information in the form of various usage and user metrics when you use our website. These tools and technologies collect and analyse certain types of information, including cookies, IP addresses, device and software identifiers, referring and exit URLs, onsite behavior and usage information, feature use metrics and statistics, usage and purchase history, MAC Address, mobile unique device ID, and other similar information.
Google Analytics utilises the data collected to track and examine the use of our website to prepare reports on its activities and share them with Crunch Auditing. We may use the data collected to contextualise and personalise our website and marketing campaigns.
Please note that Google may combine the information collected with other information they have independently collected from other websites and/or other online or mobile products and services relating to your activities across their network of websites as well as online and/or mobile products and services. Many of these companies collect and use information under their own privacy policies.You may opt out of the DoubleClick cookie by visiting the Google advertising opt-out page or you may opt out of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page.
If you want to remove yourself from individual communications, including marketing promotions, advertisements, updates and email newsletters, simply click the unsubscribe link in the communication.
No Error Free Performance
Disclosing personal information
We do not share Personal Information with third parties except in the limited circumstances described in this Policy.
WHO TO CONTACT
If you are an Crunch Auditing client please contact the director Michael Cooper. The contact details are below, If you believe any information is incorrect, incomplete or out of date, please contact us and we will correct it in accordance with the Privacy Act
Telephone: 08 6267 2200
Facsimile: 08 6267 2299
Postal: Locked Bag 5000, Osborne Park WA 6917
Office: Suite 3, 128 Main Street, Osborne Park WA 6017